The City of Glen Eira Volunteer Recognition Awards honoured a number of very dedicated volunteers this week. This year six volunteers were recognised for their hours of service:
- Lesley Bloom in the 500 hour category for his loyal support of the Emmy Monash Apartments Wellness Program and Low care in past years.
- Sally Felzen in 1000 hour category for her dedication to the Emmy Monash Apartments Wellness Program and Bridging the Gap program, serving at least 10 hours weekly since 2011.
- Jack Frydman in 1000 hours category for providing movie entertainment weekly in the Lewinsky Plaza, accompanied by his much-loved dog, Ace, since 2013.
- David Segal in the 1000 hour category who has dedicated 3 hours a week since 2009 to support the Life Enrichment program, and more recently also runs a weekly Hebrew speaking group.
- Steven Smith in the 2000 hour category who has loyally served Bierman-Sajet Memory Support unit each Friday morning from 2003.
- Cyla Stern, in the 1000 hour category who since 2007 has dedicated Sunday mornings to Emmy from 7 AM – 10 AM to help serve breakfast and assist with activities in the Bierman-Sajet Memory Support Unit, and more recently has added Thursday mornings to her roster too.
Congratulations to all of our valued volunteers!