Memory Support Unit – Deluxe Single
Located on the ground floor, this is a superior size individual room in excess of industry average. The condition of the room is excellent with high quality joinery, fabrics, and finfishes. This room has abundant natural light and either views of surrounding residential area with views of landscaped courtyards or surrounding domestic residences.
- Access to two secured courtyards specifically designed for residents with dementia providing them with an element of independence. One courtyard has a walking track with landscaped gardens, while the other has landscaped gardens with a garden bed specifically for use by resident “gardeners”. Both courtyards have outdoor table and chairs and are used for various outdoor activities
- Communal synagogue open to residents, families and the community for spiritual and cultural events including weekly services and high holyday services with participation by youth groups as well as the community
- Sunlit café with adjoining terrace graced by tables and chairs
- Private lounges and atrium
- Communal plaza used as a hub for concerts, discussions, keynote speakers, dance evenings, intergenerational choir, cooking demonstrations, mobies and the like
- landscaped courtyards
- multipurpose activities room for art workshops, word games, board games
- Physiotherapy and Pain Management Clinic
- Library and computer resource area with Skype access.
- Hairdressing salon and visiting manicurist
- Spacious dining room with table service
Additional services (no added cost)
- The Memory Support Unit promotes an environment based on Montessori methodology which is aimed at reducing the frequency of behavioural symptoms of dementia and has been adapted to suit residents suffering from cognitive loss.
- Innovative award winning Art Down Memory Lane program in collaboration with the National Gallery of Victoria provides residents living with dementia a quality of life via art
- Visits to the National Gallery with workshops conducted by guides
- Counselling service available to residents and families
- Pastoral services conducted by resident Rabbi
- Minyan services conducted in communal synagogue by rabbi of choice
- Mini-bus seating 10 with automated wheelchair access for outings to shopping centres, beach cafes and the like.
- A courtesy people mover van to meet needs of residents
- Volunteer services from both the Jewish community and community at large, including intergenerational activities.
- Celebration of religious and cultural Jewish events accompanied by traditional catering
- Friday challah baking
- Additional lifestyle options
Optional Services (associated costs)
- Hairdressing and manicure
Memory Support Unit Deluxe Single rooms are located in the Bierman-Sajet Dementia Unit